Pokémon Go, the augmented reality game that took the world by storm, has always been about exploring the real world to catch virtual Pokémon. But what if you could explore the Pokémon world without actually moving? Enter the Fly GPS app, a tool that allows players to virtually travel anywhere in the Pokémon Go world. This article will guide you on how to use the Fly GPS app with Pokémon Go on both iPhone and Android devices.
What is Fly GPS?
Fly GPS is an app that sets a fake GPS location on your device, allowing you to move your Pokémon character and explore locations around the globe virtually. This means you’re not physically wandering around the world but travelling virtually wherever you want. The best part is that while many GPS spoofing apps are paid, Fly GPS is available free for Android users. Its features include instant teleportation to any location worldwide, selecting your desired location, and compatibility with the latest Pokémon Go versions. Moreover, its setup process is straightforward and user-friendly on both iOS and Android platforms.
How to Use Fly GPS in Pokémon Go on Android
Using Fly GPS for Pokémon Go on Android is admired for its simplicity and versatility. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Download the Fly GPS app from the Google Play Store.
- Once installed, enable “Developer Mode” on your device. To do this, go to Settings > About phone > Tap on “Build number” seven times until the “Developer Mode has been enabled” message appears.
- Enable mock location by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > Tap Mock Location App. Choose the “Fly GPS” app.
- Activate your device’s GPS or Location settings. Ensure “Location History” is also turned on.
- Open the Fly GPS app. It will display your current location on a map. Choose a fake location by tapping on an area near your current location. Ensure the fake location is within your current location’s radius.
- After selecting a location, tap on the “please select the menu” popup.
- Choose the “GPS Service Run” option from the next popup.
- Finally, select “Joystick Location Mode – (Pokémon)”. Your location is now spoofed, and Joystick mode for Pokémon Go is enabled.
How to Use Fly GPS in Pokémon Go on iPhone
For iPhone users, the process is slightly different because Fly GPS is not available for iPhones. To spoof location you need to iGPSGo app that is available for desktops.
- Firstly, download and install the iToolPaw iGPSGo Pokemon Go Spoofer for iOS.
- After installing, connect your phone to your desktop.
- Open the location changer tool and select your preferred mode.
- Enter your favourite coordinates and now you’re good to go.
iGPSGo vs. Fly GPS: Which is the Best Pokémon Go Fly GPS App?
|iPhone & Android
|Ease of Use
|Simple & Intuitive
|Teleportation, Joystick Mode, Route Simulation, Cooldown Timer
|Teleportation, Joystick Mode
|Regular updates to avoid bans
|No Regular updates and users reported soft ban
|Paid with a free trial
|Free but Ads
|Generally positive with mentions of reliability
|Mixed reviews, with some users facing issues
While both apps offer similar features, iGPSGo has a slight edge due to its additional route simulation feature. However, the best app for changing location is iGPSGo.
Does Fly GPS Work for Pokémon Go?
Fly GPS app can not change location successfully every time. In the past, this app has stopped working intermittently but you can use iGPSGo which works effectively for Pokémon Go. It allows players to virtually travel to different locations and catch Pokémon without physically moving. However, it’s essential to use the app responsibly to avoid potential bans from the game.
What Does Flying Mean in Pokémon Go?
In Pokémon Go, “flying” refers to the act of using third-party apps like Fly GPS to spoof your location. This allows players to move their characters in the game without physically moving in the real world.
Will You Get Banned When Using Fly GPS App in Pokémon Go?
There’s always a risk involved when using third-party apps with Pokémon Go. Niantic, the game’s developer, has systems in place to detect and penalize players who use such apps. It’s crucial to use Fly GPS and similar apps responsibly and be aware of the potential consequences.
Also Read: Best Sleeves for Pokemon Cards
FAQs about Pokémon Go Fly GPS:
Q1. Can You Use Fly GPS Pokémon Go on iPhone Without Jailbreak?
Ans. Yes, you can use Fly GPS on iPhone without the need for jailbreaking. The app is available on the iOS App Store and can be installed directly. Once installed, you can easily spoof your location in Pokémon Go.
Q2. How to Fix Fly GPS Not Working or “Failed to Detect Location” in Pokémon Go?
Ans. If you encounter the “Failed to Detect Location” error while using Fly GPS, follow these steps:
- Ensure that your device’s GPS or Location settings are activated.
- Make sure “Location History” is turned on.
- Restart the Fly GPS app and select a location within your current location’s radius.
- If the problem persists, consider using an alternative app or checking for updates.
Q3. What Does “I CAN’T FLY” Mean in a Pokémon Go Trade?
Ans. The phrase “I CAN’T FLY” in Pokémon Go trades typically refers to players who don’t use location spoofing tools. It indicates that the player doesn’t use apps like Fly GPS and plays the game by physically moving.
Q4. What is the Flying Type Weakness in Pokémon Go?
Ans. In Pokémon Go, Flying-type Pokémon are weak against Electric, Ice, and Rock-type moves. This means they take more damage when hit by moves of these types.
Using Fly GPS with Pokémon Go can significantly enhance your gaming experience, allowing you to explore new locations and catch rare Pokémon without physically moving. However, it’s essential to use such tools responsibly and be aware of potential risks. Niantic has systems in place to detect and penalize players who use third-party apps, so always be cautious. If you decide to use Fly GPS or any other spoofing tool, make sure to stay within your current location’s radius to minimize the risk of getting banned. And always remember, the primary purpose of Pokémon Go is to explore and have fun!